Effective Date: December 30, 2019
1.3 This policy does not apply to the practices of other businesses that we do not own or control, including third-party websites, services and applications (“Third-Party Services”) that you may access through our Services, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage. While we attempt to partner with only Third-Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of those third parties. You are responsible to review the privacy policies of any Third-Party Services you access.
2. What Information Does SYSPRO Collect?
Through your interaction with and use of SYSPRO Services, we may collect Personal Information, which is information that can identify you as an individual or juristic entity or is capable of identifying you. Personal Information does not include general, statistical, aggregated, or anonymized information. Personal Information collected includes:
- Personal Contact Information. Your name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers.
- SYSPRO User Information. Information about your SYSPRO account, including User Log-In name and password, and payment information.
- Company Information. Information about your company such as the name, size, and location of your company, your role within the company, and buying intent signals.
- Marketing Preferences. You can set communication preferences (e.g. opting in or out of receiving marketing emails from SYSPRO).
- Survey and Interactive Content Data. If you elect to participate in a SYSPRO survey or other form of interactive content (e.g. online quiz or assessment), we may collect, store, and process your responses.
- Website and Email Activity Data. SYSPRO may also collect other information through your interaction with and use of the Website which does not reveal your specific identify or does not directly relate to an individual juristic entity. This information includes:
- Unique IDs such as a cookie placed on your computer, mobile, or device IDs
- Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and geographic location information derived from your IP address
- Information about your devices such as information contained in HTTP Headers or other internet transfer protocol signals, browser or device type and version, operating system, user-agent strings, and information about your preferred language
- Behavioral data about your usage of the Website, such as webpages clicked and content areas visited, content downloaded, data and time of activities
- Whether you have received or opened an email that SYSPRO sent you or clicked a link on that email
- In some instances, SYSPRO may combine other information with Personal information, such as combing precise geographical location with your name. If SYSPRO combines other information with Personal Information, SYSPRO will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
3. How does SYSPRO collect my information?
SYSPRO may collect information from a variety of sources, including:
- Your use of and interaction with SYSPRO through the Website and your activities on the Website
- The use of technologies such as:
- Electronic communication protocols. When you visit the Website, SYSPRO may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which can consist of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type or device type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company) and data and time. SYSPRO may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Website, such as clickstream information (when each SYSPRO webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), how often you access the Website, performance data, aggregate usage, or general geo-location data
- Flash cookies remember they Website’s settings to personalize the look and feel of the Website. Like normal cookies, flash cookies are represented as small files on your computer and can be disabled.
- Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the Website but are not associated with Personal Information and are not used beyond the session
- Pixels identify unique user visits for advertising purposes and to provide information on when the email or advertisement was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness
- Widgets, buttons, and tools are interactive mini-programs that run on the Website to provide specific services from another services provider or that link to other service provider’s services. The widget, button, or tool may collect and automatically send Personal Information, such as your email address, or other information, such as your browser information or IP address, to a third party
- Website Analytics tools may establish your location track how you use the Website or create a profile of you. This assists SYSPRO to determine which content is the most appropriate to be displayed while you visit the Website, which products and services you are interested in and how you are using the information that is made available to you on the Website
- Email Analytics tools may collect data about the emails we send. In order to measure the performance of email messages and to learn how to improve email delivery and open rates, SYSPRO collect information such as IP address, browser and email clients used, geolocation information inferred from IP addresses and details about how you engage with the email (e.g. whether or not the email was read, forwarded, or printed.)
- Other data you have made publicly available, such as social media profiles and posts, or data provided by third-party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists or data aggregator.
4. How Does SYSPRO Use the Information Collected?
We use the information we collect from you, on your behalf or related to you in connection with providing our Services to you, including as follows:
- Account Setup and Access to Services. If you choose to become a customer, SYSPRO uses the information we collect for the creation of User accounts so that you can access our Services.
- Customer Support. We must access and use your information to provide customer support services, including trouble-shooting, managing account usage, responding to billing inquiries, to communicate with you about any matters related to the channel partner program—whether they apply generally to all channel partners or specifically to you, etc.
- Service Delivery. We perform internal evaluations and statistical analysis on the information we collect to, among other things, monitor the performance of our Services, analyze and measure visitor and User behavior and trends, to understand how our Services are used, to help us improve our Services, for market research and to develop new features and functionalities.
- Transactional Communications. We may send you transactional communications (e.g., service-related announcements, billing-related matters, updates to policies, changes to our Services, welcome emails, etc.). You can’t opt out of receiving these communications since they are required to provide our Services to you.
- Marketing Purposes. We will only send marketing-related communications if you have consented to receive such communications. We may combine information about you from third party sources with information we hold about you to create a user profile, which helps us to make our marketing and sales efforts more relevant to you and to personalize and improve your experience.
- We may need to notify you about information from other business partners about their products and services that can add value to SYSPRO’s products.
- We may advertise our channel partner program’s products and services that can add value to SYSPRO’s products.
- SYSPRO Online Communities. This Website permits you to participate in interactive discussions, post content, and engage in networking activities. SYSPRO does not control the content that users post to these forums, you should carefully consider whether you wish to submit Personal Information to these forums. To manage or remove your Personal Information from our online communities, please send your request to email@example.com.
5. Will SYSPRO Share Any of My Personal Information?
SYSPRO does not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for any purpose. We may share your personal data with third parties as follows:
- With Your Organization; Billing Contacts. If the email address under which you have registered your User account belongs to or is controlled by an organization (e.g., your employer), we may disclose that email address and other pertinent account information to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses SYSPRO, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. In addition, if your User account details are different from the billing contact listed for your account, we may disclose your identity and the account details to the billing contact upon their request.
- Affiliated Businesses and Third-Party Services We Do Not Control. In certain situations, businesses or Third-Party Services we are affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through our Services. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your personal data with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of Third-Party Services as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated Third-Party Service, please review all such policies that may apply.
- Business Transfers.In Event of a Reorganization, Merger, Sale, Joint Venture, Assignment, Transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of SYSPRO’s business, assets or shares (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), SYSPRO may transfer the Personal Information SYSPRO has collected to the relevant third party.
- Legal Requests. It may be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence or business; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence or business, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes; (d) to enforce SYSPRO’s terms and conditions; and (e) to allow SYSPRO to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that SYSPRO may sustain.
- Protection of SYSPRO and Others. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SYSPR, our employees, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent. Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal data may be shared with third parties in personally identifiable form, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
6. Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
- Security. SYSPRO uses reasonable safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In addition, SYSPRO uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data. When you enter sensitive Personal Information, SYSPRO encrypts it. Despite our best efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and SYSPRO cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. In the event that your Personal Information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, SYSPRO will give you notice promptly. SYSPRO will determine the scope of the breach and investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
- User Accounts. Your User account is protected by a username and password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal data by selecting and protecting your username and password, using other sign-on mechanisms appropriately and limiting access to your device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
- Data Location. Our Services are based in the United States, so your personal data will be hosted and processed by us in the United States. Your personal data may also be processed in countries in which SYSPRO offices and personnel are located, and in which our service providers are located or have servers. By using our Services, you consent to the processing of your data in these locations, which may not have the same privacy protections and rights applicable to the United States.
7. What Choices Do I Have?
- Access, Edit and Delete Personal Data. You may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete personal data that SYSPRO holds about you by calling 800-369-8649 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that some information may remain in our records after deletion of such information from your account. In addition, we may use any aggregated, de-identified data derived from or incorporating your personal data after you update or delete it. If you request that any of your personal data be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Services to the extent Services cannot be reasonably provided without that information.
- General (non-EU) Data Privacy Requests. If you have any questions about updating information we have on file about you, please complete call 800-369-8649 or email email@example.com.
- EU Data Privacy Requests. Some individuals, including those whose information is subject to European Union (EU) data privacy laws, have certain legal rights to obtain information of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them, and to obtain the correction, update, amendment or deletion of such data in appropriate circumstances. For some personal data, requests to exercise these rights may be submitted by calling 800-369-8649 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories, categories of sources, and specific pieces of Personal Information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and to provide contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please call 800-369-8649 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Decline to Provide. You may always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to complete a transaction or to take advantage of some of the features of our Services.
- Marketing Communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located in the footer of any marketing email you have received from SYSPRO or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. For How Long Does SYSPRO Retain Data?
The time periods for which SYSPRO keeps your Personal Information may vary according to the use or purpose attached to the Personal Information. Unless there is a specific legal requirement requiring SYSPRO to keep your Personal Information, SYSPRO will not keep it for longer than necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or for which it is to be processed. At the end of the retention period, SYSPRO will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
9. Safety of Children and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Minors are not eligible to use the Website and SYSPRO requests that they do not submit any Personal Information to SYSPRO. If you believe that SYSPRO has mistakenly or unintentionally collected Personal Information of a minor through the Website, please notify SYSPRO at email@example.com so that SYSPRO may immediately delete the information from SYSPRO’s servers and make any other corrections.
10. Sensitive Information
You undertake not to send or share with SYSPRO any sensitive Personal Information (such as information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.)
12. General Clauses
12.2 SYSPRO’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not constitute a waiver of SYSPRO’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
12.4 No party shall be bound by any express or implied term, representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein.
12.6 Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, and words importing the masculine gender shall include females and words importing persons shall include partnerships and corporate and unincorporated entities.
959 South Coast Drive, Suite 100
Costa Mesa, CA 92626