Procurement is increasingly being expected to become more influential in the overall business strategy – specifically in the areas of mitigating risk, creating a competitive advantage and driving growth.
Internet of Things (IoT)
Enabling digital transformation for manufacturers
Internet of Things (IoT) with ERP
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the concept of connecting any device with an On/Off switch to the internet and/or to each other, in order to create a network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators and network connectivity, and enables objects to connect and exchange data.
If you are considering an Enterprise Resource Solution (ERP) solution and you want to leverage the power of the Industrial Internet of Things, the SYSPRO ERP ecosystem will enable your business to leverage new technologies and turn your blue-sky ideas into reality.
Key Uses of IoT for Industry
- Connect IoT in the warehouse and AI with e-commerce platforms to enhance the customer user experience and improve service delivery
- Streamline and automate business processes by automatically delivering business intelligence and alerts directly to operators and service agents
- Better manage Inventory in the warehouse in real-time using IoT sensors to monitor and track incoming and outgoing items – improving traceability across the supply chain and significantly reducing the need for human intervention
- With The Industrial Internet of Things, individual items, cases, pallets, containers and vehicles can be equipped with auto identification tags and tied to GPS-enabled connections to continuously update location and movement
- Manufacturing execution systems are embracing The Industrial Internet of Things technology to enable closer monitoring of more parameters and more sophisticated control of processes and quality as a result
SYSPRO’s IoT Platform
SYSPRO has the means to interface into the Internet of Things through the use of our RESTful APIs. Within the Microsoft Azure hub you can connect telemetry sensor data from your IoT devices into SYSPRO utilizing SYSPRO’s RESTful APIs. This provides you with the integration capability of your devices to send the key messages that will initiate the workflows for transactions within your ERP:
Device Management Service
SYSPRO has leveraged Azure’s IoT Hub to deliver a management service of all of your IoT devices. The Device Management service connects to all of your IoT devices, scattered across the globe, and provides a unified and central location where devices can be configured, turned on or off, settings changed, and even firmware updated – all without leaving the office.
Message Management Service
SYSPRO provides a messaging management service to manage the vast multitude of messages sent hourly from your IoT devices. By leveraging Azure IoT messaging management, this service communicates with devices and transfers data to the IoT Data Storage Database, and to the SYSPRO Core Database using a robust message queue.
Data Storage Service
SYSPRO’s AI infrastructure is leveraged to provide an IoT Data Mining Service, aggregating and analyzing the multitude of data transmitted, and offering the information in a structured, relevant and meaningful format that can be used to provide analysis, insight, trends, and empower accurate and real-time decision making.
Data Mining Service
With IoT devices scattered all of the world, transmitting terabytes of data each hour, over an extended time, SYSPRO provides a high performance IoT Data Storage Service. For primary cloud storage we utilize Azure’s COSMOS database which offers low latency, with a high fidelity and boasts SLA’s that no other database engine can match.
More on how SYSPRO ERP uses IoT
Embed digitalization, automation and ‘smart’ connected networks into every part of your manufacturing operations with SYSPRO ERP and unleash the power of industry 4.0.
With SYSPRO MOM your manufacturing execution system is fully integrated into your ERP giving you a single platform to monitor and improve your factory’s performance from planning, scheduling, publishing, collecting, tracking and analyzing.