Chemical Manufacturing ERP Software
Chemical Inventory Software – SYSPRO Business Solutions for Chemicals Manufacturers
Commodities pricing volatility and economic uncertainty. Globalization and industry consolidation. Low margins and high fixed costs. Changing regulatory requirements. In the chemicals or plastics industry it’s clear you face steep challenges. Without the right data insights and software solutions, you could be missing opportunities – or perhaps worse, face regulatory penalties.
Optimizing manufacturing efficiency and flexibility, and improving customer relations and service, are key to your continued success, as is the management and control of hazardous materials and quality control. Low margins and high fixed costs in the industry mean that tight control and visibility to all aspects of your operations are essential to maximize your profits in a competitive environment.
Whether you supply commodity, intermediate or tertiary products, managing one location or a multinational corporation, take your chemical business to the next level with a strong, integrated ERP technology foundation, from a vendor who knows how to solve your specific industry challenges. SYSPRO has the flexibility to help you meet the chemical industry’s challenges and capitalize on your opportunities.
7 Key Chemical Manufacturing challenges SYSPRO can help you resolve
Total amount spent on R&D by the global chemical industry in 2017. This spending supported a $92 billion GDP contribution, and 1.7 million jobs.
- Control quality with multi-level formula management of intermediates and products, including co-products and by-products
- Maintain revision history for audit reporting
- Protect your designs with highly granular security controls
- Accurately track total costs of intermediate and finished goods
- Accommodate variable end-products which result from regrading and unpredictable chemical processes
- Easily cost and capture the receipt of multiple products of varying grades from jobs originally planned for single-grade items using SYSPRO’s co-products and manufacturing inspection functionality
- You can choose to apportion costs between components and co-products according to a percentage breakdown for total material, operation and sub-contract cost, or you can define percentages against specific operations and materials
- Record the inspection details of manufactured items and, depending on the results, select to receipt, scrap or rework quantities
- You can receipt inspection items as the original product to manufacture, or as a different product or products, which is useful for end-products of variable grade
- Comply with local and international environmental and safety regulations
- Improve your capability to demonstrate compliance in your core processes, as well as implement a variety of control measures for stringent record-keeping to suit the level of vigilance required
- SYSPRO’s flexible features and integrated nature ensure rapid access to centralized compliance information across your business
- Whether a compliance-critical requirement or an analysis tool for continuous improvement strategies, the traceability of products from material origins through manufacture to final destination, is a key system requirement in many industries
- SYSPRO facilitates the recording of traceability and quality data on materials and products from purchasing through inspection, manufacturing, manufacturing inspection, stocking, and sales. The recording of expiry and shelf-life information is also facilitated and powerful queries enable both upward and downward searches by stock code, lot number and transaction type
- Leverage advanced forecasting and planning to more closely match supply with demand
- Ensure the right raw materials are in place for each job with advanced Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Streamline purchasing by using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) to trade with partners and value-added networks
- Track quality status, lot numbers, expiration dates and multiple units of measure
- Improve visibility of warehouse activity from receipt of goods through outbound shipping
- Use data to see production costs and requirements for each formula and component
- Enable greater visibility, compliance and quality control in the procurement and supplier selection process
- Request for Quote Suppliers can respond directly to RFQs online
- Supply Chain Portal Enables joint decision-making on suppliers and automatic selection of approved suppliers
- Preferred Suppliers Allows you to capture and maintain predetermined sourcing policies to facilitate the selection of recommended and pre-approved suppliers during the purchasing cycle.
- Create bi-directional traceability reports against ingredients, finished goods or even packaging
- Satisfy Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) requirements in minutes
- Simplify compliance with Global Harmonized System (GHS) and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) requirements
- Produce Certificates of Analysis (COA) quality control documentation easily
- Handle returns and defective material issues with greater efficiency
Simplify your operations with SYSPRO Chemicals Manufacturing Software
- Protect R&D and control formula development
- Manage hazardous materials and reduce compliance risks
- Reduce waste with better inventory and materials management
- Manage the storage, handling and transportation of hazardous goods
- Manage complex production recipes
- Manage by-products for those companies that produce by-products as a result of their manufacturing processes and who want to recycle, sell or use these by-products for some other value-added purpose, rather than write them off as unrecoverable scrap.
- Ensure production quality and comply with ISO and SDS requirements
- Improve real-time visibility across your operations for smarter decision-making
- Reduce costs and eliminate waste while remaining flexible and responsive
SYSPRO ERP at Your Fingertips
Industry-built to support your quality and safety systems, SYSPRO ERP offers a full traceability system which enables manufacturers to:
- Track materials from receipt right through to delivery of the product to the customer, as well as at any level in between
- Rapidly identify, quarantine and retrieve potentially defective goods from customers
- Accelerate the time to completion of your product recalls
- Improve governance and drive compliance
- Continually test and improve your traceability system
- Remain compliant and meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Mitigate the risks associated with recall
- SYSPRO’s Work in Progress inspection system gives you the tools to record the inspection details of manufactured items and, depending on the results, select to receipt, scrap, or rework quantities. Units in inspection are visible, but unavailable for use until accepted into stock. Within the inspection function, you can capture detailed records of counts, inspection, scrap, rework and stock receipts
- You can receipt inspection items as the original product to manufacture, or as a different product or products, which is useful for end-products of variable grade. Also, you can receipt items into a warehouse different than what was originally planned
- SYSPRO Bill of Materials (BOM) is designed to ensure your organization has complete control over the product structure.
- The complete bill forms the foundation for material and capacity planning, shop floor control and costing and ensures that engineering, production, purchasing and order processing are utilizing the same information
- It allows you to facilitate accurate expected costs against which actual production costs can be tracked
- SYSPRO BOM provides a mechanism for configuring the manufacture of multiple items against a single bill of material, including those products that result from the manufacturing process but which are not included in demand planning. This is useful for companies that produce by-products as a result of their manufacturing processes and who want to recycle, sell or use these by-products for some other value-added purpose, rather than write them off as unrecoverable scrap
Features enable the creation of user-defined Work-flows to control the product development process and ensure electronic sign-off. Transactional data is controlled through a paperless approval and authorization mechanism including ECC event triggers as defined by an organization.
Solve your Chemical Manufacturing Needs Today
Get resources and insights into your industry and how our technology can
enable you to disrupt your business and focus on business growth.
SYSPRO ERP Product Brochure
Download this Brochure to get a visual view of SYSPRO solutions for Manufacturing.
View the Brochure
SYSPRO Avanti Web Interface
Choose the device that best meets the task at hand, whether in office, on the shop floor, or on the move.
Partner With an ERP Industry Leader
Keep up to date with trending topics and what the experts are saying about your industry.
Circular Economy: the Future of Manufacturing
Author: Doug Hunter
On a recent business trip to Cape Town, I had the pleasure of visiting a retail outlet that is operating completely plastic-free. This got me thinking about the…
Why Digital Transformation is for all Manufacturers
Author: Dale Kehler
Digital transformation is achievable for all manufacturers. A ‘DX’ strategy unlocks real value today and transforms your…