Metal Fabrication Software
SYSPRO ERP for Metal Fabricators
As a manufacturer of fabricated steel and other metal products, you know that success depends on tightly managing your complex supply chain – collaborating with customers to design the most effective products, while meeting quality, tolerance and material specifications. You also need to provide a full range of services from design to delivery, and maintain flexibility to change capacity requirements while operating effective continuous replenishment systems.
Using SYSPRO ERP metal fabrication software, you are able to manage production costs, product quality, and on-time delivery by automating and integrating business processes and improving management information. From the front office to the factory floor, discover how SYSPRO’s specialized manufacturing solutions can give you a 360-degree picture of what’s happening within your business.
5 Key Metal Fabrication Challenges SYSPRO Can Help You Solve
The fabricated metal industry will have an estimated
market value of $21 Billion by 2024.
- For you to improve turnaround times and provide a better service to your customers, your quoting system should provide you with a single source of the truth for accuracy and review purposes and enable you to easily share updated information.
- As more and more services are outsourced to gain manufacturing and cost efficiencies, costs for material, labor and outside services continue to be an important part of your quoting process.
- SYSPRO’s Quoting and Estimating capabilities allow you to create professional and comprehensive quotes. A highly flexible interface provides you with all the information you need to give your customers timely quotes and estimates as well as the ability to incorporate vendor-related service costs that can be marked up as a part of your estimate.
- Manage outsourcing and subcontract operations as integrated processes to your production.
- Accurately track the actual costs of your nesting job.
- Efficiently record and consume remainder sheet offcuts.
- SYSPRO’s extensive toolset provides the flexibility to integrate LME spot pricing with your costing processes, allowing you to better manage your input cost pressures.
- This ensures greater flexibility in your what-if costing during quotation and estimating processes.
- Work collaboratively with your customers to provide them with a turnkey solution.
- Multi-level bills of material for designs modeled on CAD systems can be imported into SYSPRO.
- Reduce double-entry and the margin for error as well as providing a solid basis on which to calculate costs.
- Traceability from material origins through manufacture to final destination is a compliance-critical requirement in the industry. SYSPRO’s lot traceability and serial tracking functionality afford full visibility to the origins, build and sales destination of products, thereby providing the means to easily trace and analyze the source of defects if they occur.
- Track and trace metal hot-roll batches, providing recall and traceability requirements.
- SYSPRO facilitates the recording of traceability and quality data on materials and products, from purchasing through inspection, manufacturing, manufacturing inspection, stocking and sales. Its serial tracking and lot traceability features provide powerful queries that enable both upward and downward searches by stock code, lot number/serial number and transaction type.
- In addition, SYSPRO’s Engineering Change Control enables complete management and traceability of changes to product designs, while the Return Merchandise Authority module provides consistent handling of product returns, as well as analysis data for improvement.
Simplify Your Operations with SYSPRO Metal Fabrication Software
Custom (Job Shop) Fabricators
If your shop predominantly services local manufacturing industries with specialized requirements or one-off jobs, simplicity in your systems is essential to your success. The perfect ERP solution will allow you to:
- Quote quickly and accurately – Customers often need same-day jobs and so quote turnaround time is short and must be accurate or it will affect profitability.
- Increase profitability – With real-time insight into material and labor usage. As you may not have repeat orders from the same customer, ensuring each job is profitable is imperative to the bottom line.
- Perform ad-hoc scheduling and CTP – Customers may walk in with a rush job that needs to be completed the same day – can you meet your deadlines and does it impact other work? Using a CTP system allows you to create a balance between what you can produce and what customers and clients are requesting.
- Sub-contract with confidence – Because this is a capital-intensive industry, many custom metal fabricators are not big enough to own specialty machinery, thus having to rely on sub-contracting to provide a full service/end result for their customers (coating, specialized cutting, etc.).
SYSPRO ERP at Your Fingertips
As a project fabricator, you might specialize in servicing a specific industry such as construction, aerospace, forestry, oil and gas. You may have a custom fabrication department that services individual customers, but your primary business is servicing the needs of a specific industry. You therefore have more sophisticated requirements and want a solution that facilitates:
- Accurate quoting – Having larger contracts, you need the quote to be complete and accurate up front in order to maintain profitability.
- Creating BOMs/Jobs based on customer CAD drawings – It is a time-consuming task to capture complicated CAD details into BOMs into an ERP.
- Profitability – Dependent on material availability and the production processes.
- Compliance and quality as they often have to adhere to standards stipulated by the industries you serve (such as Aerospace) – Heat-tracking and the ability to do quick recalls (mock for compliance) is important. Your ability to provide documentation that validates inspections throughout the manufacturing process and meets quality specifications with the final product is often needed.
SYSPRO’s Quoting and Estimating capabilities allow you to create professional and comprehensive quotations. A highly flexible interface provides you with all the information you need to give your customers timely quotes/estimates. Quotation and Estimating produces a cost estimate that includes material, labor, burden, and outside services. As more and more services are being outsourced to gain manufacturing and cost efficiencies, these costs continue to be an important part of your quoting process. Upon confirmation of an awarded contract, you can easily create the sales order, purchase order(s) and a work order(s).
Allows organizations to access and print any drawing format as well as to work on drawings on their own CAD systems, thus speeding up the quotation process as modern CAD programs offer built-in costing software.
SYSPRO Bill of Materials (BOM) is designed to ensure your organization has complete control over the product structure. The complete bill forms the foundation for material and capacity planning, shop floor control and costing and ensures that engineering, production, purchasing and order processing are utilizing the same information. It allows you to facilitate accurate expected costs against which actual production costs can be tracked. What-if costing facilities are provided, as well as the facility to calculate the cumulative and manufacturing lead times of an item and to update the relevant fields against the stock item.
By nesting multiple jobs utilizing the same raw material or components in SYSPRO’s Job Nesting capability you can maximize output and reduce wastage to improve costing efficiency – enabling you to quote more competitively.
Meet Your Metal Fabrication Needs
Get resources and insights into your industry and how our technology can
enable you to digitize your business and focus on growth.
Metal Fabrication ERP Video
An overview of how SYSPRO ERP can assist you.
Metal Fabrication Check Up
Where should you focus your ERP software dollars?
Metal Essence Success Story
Almost immediately after installing SYSPRO software, Metal Essence experienced notable improvements.
Keep up to date with trending topics and what the experts are saying about your industry.
IoT Technologies Transforming Metal Fabrication
Author: Don Stimson
Although metal shops have actively engaged in automation over the last decade, incorporating robots for precision-driven or…
Is Your ERP Functionality Fit? It Depends On Your Perspective
Author: Doug Hunter
Are you a supply chain guy or gal focusing end-to-end rather than on one area like distribution or manufacturing? Or did you start in…