Furniture Manufacturing Software
ERP for Furniture and Fittings Manufacturers – SYSPRO Business Solutions
You may have a passion for turning creative designs into beautiful and functional furniture, fixtures or accessories – but you need more than great craftsmanship to run a successful manufacturing business. Costs for raw materials, not to mention labor and transportation, are always in flux. Your catalog might include many thousands of product permutations in different colors, fabrics, metals, finishes, shapes, and sizes, creating enormous complexity. Customers and distributors alike are putting pressure on you for faster delivery, more eco-friendly designs, and lower pricing.
SYSPRO has the flexibility to help you meet the business challenges of this highly competitive market, helping you gain significant efficiencies, streamline your supply chain, and get your furniture and related hardware to distributors and consumers faster than ever, even at high volume. All from a single integrated system, purpose-built for your industry needs.
6 Key Furniture and Fittings challenges SYSPRO can help you resolve
Global furniture market is projected to reach $800,596 million by 2025 end, with a CAGR of 3.5% from 2018 to 2025.
- Keeping inventory levels and obsolescence to a minimum, while continuing to offer superior customer service, entails achieving the right product mix, as well as the continual balancing of supply and demand. Understanding and tracking the relevant measures of risk which impact the balance is critical for reducing stocks, improving availability and increasing turnover.
- Through the powerful tools in the Inventory Management suite of modules, SYSPRO enables you to better understand and quantify your risk profile, thereby assisting you to reduce your safety stocks and free up working capital, without compromising your reputation as a reliable supplier in the market place.
- Constant innovation is a key factor to remaining competitive, and on-going research and development into new and better products is integral to the industry. Short product life cycles mean the speed with which you deliver these innovations to the market is imperative to remaining competitive and profitable.
- SYSPRO’s integrated nature and powerful functionality enable you to streamline and track the changes to product designs and costings, as well as to improve the delivery of customer-driven product designs and configurations.
- The standard of service that you provide your customers makes all the difference in building solid relationships and gaining a competitive edge. This requires keeping track, not only of customer sales-related information but also details of internal or external business relationships. To make better business decisions about an expected customer, product and market activity, you need to have information in appropriate formats and at different levels of detail to carry out analysis.
- SYSPRO enables you to keep a history not only of sales data but also individual customer-related product activities, so you can easily identify buying patterns and preferences, and quickly create repeat orders by copying and amending previous ones.
- SYSPRO Forecasting uses sales history to identify trends and seasonal components of demand, thereby assisting you in calculating more accurate forecasts, which in turn leads to better planning and improved customer service levels.
- To gain the competitive edge, you must have the agility to respond to market demands at all levels of operation, without increasing costs and waste and sacrificing efficiency. Whether you use line, batch, or project processes, your scheduling activities must balance competing objectives. This includes the efficient management and execution of re-scheduling activities when business priorities and plans change or unexpected events occur.
- Having the capability to create and execute an achievable schedule requires a comprehensive view of the current situation and available resources, as well as the tools to perform efficient re-scheduling if necessary.
- SYSPRO provides integrated end-to-end information, planning and activity control to support the full production process from design to procurement, production, and delivery/installation and service.
- Strict management of raw material lead times is vitally important in controlling overall procurement costs and attaining customer service level targets. SYSPRO enables you to monitor quoted purchasing lead times against actual supplier delivery performance and to flag reliable suppliers of specific raw materials as certified in the system, as well as to track blanket purchase order contracts.
- Component-to-operation linking and component offsets facilitate the implementation of JIT and LEAN purchasing principles for raw materials. In addition, inventory order point indicators, such as reorder point, minimum/maximum levels, and safety stock provide the tools to help you mitigate problems associated with the unreliable supply of long-lead time items.
- In order to maintain appropriate inventory levels in a distributed warehouse environment, you must be able to plan, distribute, monitor, and control inventory moving across your internal supply chain.
- The SYSPRO Goods in Transit system provides the facilities to create, manage, and monitor transfers between multiple warehouses and provides complete visibility to the status and details of in-transit transactions.
- Used in conjunction with the SYSPRO Sales Order module, the Goods-in-Transit system provides functionality to record backorders in the system for multiple warehouses and to electronically produce accompanying paperwork.
- Additionally, via the Material Requirements Planning module, SYSPRO’s goods-in-transit functionality extends to include distribution requirements planning, thereby enabling plan production and purchasing to meet current and future distributed warehouse requirements.
Simplify your Operations with SYSPRO Furniture and Fittings Software
- Collaborate with customers on the design and engineering of products with a single view of customers, contracts and orders.
- Exceed customer expectations and improve margins with more accurate quoting and manage special customer pricing.
- Easily integrate to supply-chain partners, 3PL and customer electronic ordering and supply systems.
- Reduce time to market for customer-driven product designs and variations and improve your customer responsiveness in all aspects from design, engineering and configuration.
- Digitally transform your business so that you can integrate business partners across your supply chain or to other systems, on premise or in the cloud.
- Leverage the power of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to get rich insights, unidentified trends and anomalies in your business brought to the forefront.
- Build customer satisfaction with more accurate quoting and estimating.
SYSPRO ERP at Your Fingertips
Business Critical Solutions for the Furniture and Fittings Industry
With rules-based Product Configurator streamline order-taking and automatically generate factory and purchase orders with all the relevant detail, such as materials and operations required to make or assemble the correct customer-specific configuration of the product. Product Configurator links directly into SYSPRO’s production modules, allowing you to respond to daily changes in scheduling priorities and material requirements.
Facilitates an accurate expected cost against which to track actual production costs. The complete bill forms the basis for material and capacity planning, shop floor control and costing.
Enables you to optimize stock levels and to provide flexible reporting on inventory holdings. Our Inventory Forecasting solution further enables you to produce automatic or manual forecasts based on sales history as well as provide the tools to measure the quality of your forecasts.
SYSPRO MRP assists you in planning and creating realistic production, purchasing and supply transfer schedules, and maintaining optimal stock holdings in a multi-warehouse environment.
Provides the flexibility of producing quotes with multiple offers for stocked and/or customized (estimated) items for existing or prospective customers. The power of this system becomes evident when one or more stock items must be specially made. In these cases a supporting estimate can be created. This, in turn, may have one or more special parts, which again can be supported by an estimate, and so on.
Enhances customer service through fast, efficient order processing and accurate, timely order fulfilment while maximizing sales through instant access to information on stock availability, prices and product substitutions.
Facilitates and optimizes the management of sourcing strategies in procurement, and for the recommended selection of suppliers during the purchasing cycle.
Solve your Furniture and Fittings Manufacturing Needs Today
Get resources and insights into your industry and how our technology can
enable you to disrupt your business and focus on business growth.
SYSPRO Industry Built ERP for
Manufacturers and Distributors
A video detailing the capabilities
of how SYSPRO ERP can assist.
View the Infographic
Download the infographic overview of SYSPRO’s solutions for the furniture and fittings industry.
SYSPRO ERP Product Brochure
Download this Brochure to get a
visual view of SYSPRO solutions for Manufacturing.
Keep up to date with trending topics and what the experts are saying about your industry.
Key ERP Tools to Support the Future Manufacturing Supply Chain
Author: Roger Landman
The future direction of supply chain management and collaboration will be determined by the impact of digitalization on the supply chain…
The 3 Key Areas of ROI for Manufacturing ERP
Author: Geoff Whiting
Manufacturers and major enterprises always look to the returns they can make from implementing new tools, especially far-reaching solutions like ERPs. With the…